The Getaway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Getaway

Chat about anything and everything!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chat about your day!

Go down 
+7
cruzr
Colleen
sweetbee
My 3 Sons
John
travlfreek
bunny
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
sarac

sarac

Chat about your day! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat about your day!   Chat about your day! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 14 May - 15:25:35

today i spent 3 hrs in the library with my useless partner working on a powerpoint with him....well i guess if me doing it and him just commenting once in a while counts as working with someone! now im trying to find a video on youtube that deals with gender bias to use for my presentation. also, does anyone know of a website that has a printable IQ with the scoring on the site? i would like to use an iq test for an activity but all the sites ive looked at are just online tests. thud

im hoping to get outside and do something today still since its such a nice day here!
Back to top Go down
bunny
Admin
bunny

PostSubject: Re: Chat about your day!   Chat about your day! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 14 May - 16:45:46

Wow, I just got home from my shopping spree today! I spent way to much, but I got a lot of really cute things! I really needed some summer tops and I got a few shorts and 2 capris! 3 Pj's some socks a bra and some sunglasses!!!! wink I already had my 3 new pair of flip flops so I am set for the summer now! I wanted a new purse but I didnt like anything. Oh well, Why is it so much fun to go shopping?
Back to top Go down
sarac

sarac

PostSubject: Re: Chat about your day!   Chat about your day! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 15 May - 18:41:53

last weekend i went shopping with my mom and we got 7 pairs of shoes for around $40! not to mention a ton of cheap clothes love i love shopping on the sale racks!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat about your day!   Chat about your day! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 16 May - 11:17:03

men don't understand the appeal of the words Clearance and Sales the way we do! cheers
Back to top Go down
John

John

PostSubject: Re: Chat about your day!   Chat about your day! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 16 May - 13:39:27

And women Hair pulling don't seem to understand oops that just because the words Clearance, and Sales are appealing, the word "Need" should have a underlying basis for "Most" purchases, and not just a frivolous need to spend! Oops, I forgot. "Want" tapfoot is usually a driving factor for most purchases down.

big tongue

pirate
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat about your day!   Chat about your day! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 16 May - 14:07:08

Oh contraire! I definitely know the word NEED!
Which is why I rarely shop... and when I do, the ONLY sections I even look at is Clearance and Sale. Only suckers pay retail! Very Happy

The only times I buy new things are when the things I have either stop working, stop fitting or something along those lines.
Back to top Go down
bunny
Admin
bunny

PostSubject: Re: Chat about your day!   Chat about your day! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 16 May - 14:46:00

Yeah, I never go shopping either, and always on sale! My husband actually will say honey why dont you go and get some things for yourself. I am always buying for the house or the animals or for him, not unneccesary things needed things! But when I did shop because I didnt have anything for summer since I lost this weight it was fun!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat about your day!   Chat about your day! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 16 May - 16:08:47

For the past 10 years or more I've either been pregnant or just had a baby so my sizes have been all over the place. But I reused the majority of my maternity clothes over and over. I had to buy new stuff with my 3rd because I had a professional job and most of my stuff was jeans and t-shirts that just didn't fly with my office.
I just took some commission and got a pair of jeans, a pair of shorts and a couple shirts. I have one good bathing suit. A handful of shoes. Two belts. A couple bags.
Baby clothes get reused. I get stuff from freecycle and goodwill a lot. But I never buy used shoes. I will buy some from Kmart, Walmart, Target, Payless, etc for the cheaper stuff.
I could not even imagine spending more than $20 on a new purse. Or more than $70 on a pair of shoes. And that's only on running sneakers because they last such a long time. Sandals are $10-$20 a pair. Brown, black and white and you're all set.
Our house isn't one that's filled with "stuff". We've got some things here and there, but we don't buy stuff just to have stuff. There are no shelves full of knick-knacks.
Almost all my kitchen tools have been paid for by Pampered Chef in some way or another. Either by getting them as incentives for doing a good job or by hosting a show or with my commission.
Back to top Go down
John

John

PostSubject: Re: Chat about your day!   Chat about your day! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 16 May - 16:58:44

Well I guess it was just your choice of words Faith, " men don't understand the appeal of the words Clearance and Sales the way we do!" And since I'm just a "Man", I guess I don't fall into that category. It seems to me that most "men" understand all to well the value of "Sales, and Clearance". Maybe that's why we tend to ignore you women when you always say we are so poorly dressed. You no a pair of jeans or t-shirt with a hole or two does not need to be replaced just because you don't like it. If we still like it, and wish to wear it, then be happy in our choice.

As far as sales, I just bought 10 box's of Cinnamon Toast Crunch, on sale, with coupons for .40 a box. I'd say thats knowing the value, "Appeal" of a sale. And as I've said before, I haven't payed for Shampoo, Conditioner, Toothpaste, Toothbrushes, Deodorant, O/C Pain Relievers, Razors, and so much more in the past couple years for myself, my son, and plenty left over to donate, that I think I no all about the "Value Aspect" (Appeal) of things. So maybe if you don't make such broad statements such as "Men", we won't have to take up so much space debating "Just a Word".

pirate
Back to top Go down
My 3 Sons
Admin
My 3 Sons

PostSubject: Re: Chat about your day!   Chat about your day! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 16 May - 19:59:50

idea

What a good debate! Both sides made great points! I issue a point for each team!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/momredding

PostSubject: Re: Chat about your day!   Chat about your day! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 16 May - 21:02:56

scratch
Were we argueing??? More likely... were YOU argueing? whistle

I think you took that whole subject WAAAYYY too seriously.
Does that mean that I should take offence to you saying "we tend to ignore you women when you always say we are so poorly dressed."... the "you women" part... you criticize broad statements, yet you contradict yourself.

I have never once said to my husband that he is poorly dressed. So you couldn't be referring to me. And because I know myself well enough to not take offence to broad statements, I know that I don't fit into that category of "you women".

I think you should take a step back and put it back in perspective a bit. I was NOT saying anything about you. It was a simple statement, that I DO belive to be true in an internet forum. Is it really worth getting all fussy about?
Back to top Go down
John

John

PostSubject: Re: Chat about your day!   Chat about your day! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 17 May - 15:20:50

I'm sorry. Are you all fussy? And since I was debating your assertion that "Women" understand sales, and clearance better the Men somehow, it seems that since you brought up "Arguing", you must be the one that IS arguing. Oops. Those dang words again. I was having a lively debate. Also since you "DO" believe your assertion is true, apparently the "Men" you no, hubby included, are inferior to you in that way. I think I have already pointed out that I, a lowly Man, am quite capable of finding both Sales, and Clearance items just as well as a you. So it seems as if I consider myself, and Women equal in that respect. Wow. Another aspect of life that I feel we "Are" all equal in. Hope I haven't sounded WAAAYYY to serious for you this time around. Actually, I'm quite enjoying myself!!!
Back to top Go down
bunny
Admin
bunny

PostSubject: Re: Chat about your day!   Chat about your day! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 17 May - 18:35:14

OK what did I do yesterday and today? Well I had a cookout for 9 last night, so spent the day getting ready for that, it was a blast!!!!!! I had just a little too much to drink nothing crazy or anything just a little bit tipsy drunken Then this am I slept till 8:15 am best sleep I have had in a while, Hubby brought me a cup of coffee in bed! I felt great. Laid around the house in my pj's until 3:00PM and then showered and changed into another pair of pj's! What a wonderful lazy weekend for me and the hubby! Hope everyone else is having a glorious weekend.
Back to top Go down
My 3 Sons
Admin
My 3 Sons

PostSubject: Re: Chat about your day!   Chat about your day! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 18 May - 0:18:35

Bunny, we decided to have mommy & daddy night for the first time im 4+ weeks! It was wonderful! The boys all left at 4:30, we had "quiet time" then went to dinner. After we got back we watched some of the All-Star Nascar race then had some more "quiet time". Now I am checking on freebies before going to bed and not getting up until I want to, rather than when the boys get up! WONDERFUL EVENING!
Back to top Go down
bunny
Admin
bunny

PostSubject: Re: Chat about your day!   Chat about your day! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 18 May - 10:35:01

Fantastic! I know you deserve it. I hope you slept in very late!!!!! I again slept till 8:AM and just had breakfast still in my pajamas. Will have to put real clothes on today, we are going to my Mom and Dads today. I am going to clean her house today, but other then that we will have lunch and dinner there and relax some more. Back to the grind stone tomorrow though!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat about your day!   Chat about your day! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 19 May - 11:54:02

I'm going to say one thing and then be done with it.
I have never, in any respect, placed myself in any superior position to anyone. I do not think that men are inferior beings. I don't have any problems with men or women in my life.
I think your statement that men and women are equal is absurd. We are genetically different. We have so many differences with how we process information, how we communicate, how we interact, etc. Almost every aspect of our lives are different. That doesn't make either inferior. But it does make us different.
So please don't sit there and say things as if you know me. Because if you did you would never suggest that I think of myself better than other people.
Everyone can learn from each other. It doesn't matter to me what gender, race, age or social status you come from. Even if all I learn is how "NOT" to be, it's learning something.
Even as a parent, my job is to teach my children how to be responsible citizens of the world we are given, and yet, every day they teach me as well.
And that's the end of that discussion on my end.
Back to top Go down
John

John

PostSubject: Re: Chat about your day!   Chat about your day! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 19 May - 14:52:02

Now I'll have to ponder how "absurd" I am..... Let's see. By your rational we must feel pain differently? Love differently? Eat, Drink, and process our food differently?. I would think that unlikely, but not absurd. Your right about being genetically different. Damn X,Y chromosome thing. But I don't think different genitalia make us all that different. Do you drive your car from the back seat? Do you have eyes in the back of your head? Do you have the ability to breath under water, or other abilities that men don't? Do I think Men, and Women are completely equal? No. I do understand that on average, men are bigger the women. I think the wage gap is preposterous, and down right appalling. But for the most part, I think we all are pretty equal. And if we teach our children in that way, maybe we can make this a better place for them one day. If we accentuate the differences, and deny the likenesses, we will just make things worse. As far as knowing you, no I don't. The same as you don't know me. But buy your words, and thats how I do know you, I'm glad most of the people I know, don't think like you. I would much rather be with people, men, and women, who think we're more alike, then unalike. I do hope you have a pleasant time dealing with all your differences though. Sounds like a pretty eventful, yet unpleasant way to live.........
Back to top Go down
sweetbee

sweetbee

PostSubject: Re: Chat about your day!   Chat about your day! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 20 May - 16:17:51

So far today I have taken cookies up to my son's school to celebrate his birthday, he turned 6 on sunday. And now I am trying(and failing so far) to get myself motivated to do the rest of the stuff that needs to get done. My pillow keeps calling my name Sleep
Back to top Go down
sarac

sarac

PostSubject: Re: Chat about your day!   Chat about your day! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 20 May - 17:00:30

if you find motivation be sure to send some my way! i have another 75 min presentation on thursday that i havent had a chance to start yet! study bad
Back to top Go down
momofour26

momofour26

PostSubject: Re: Chat about your day!   Chat about your day! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 21 May - 13:57:39

I donated my hair to Locks of Love today! i got my haircut last night and sent the hair away today. I have been growing my hair for almost 4 years for this reason. woo
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/momofour26
John

John

PostSubject: Re: Chat about your day!   Chat about your day! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 21 May - 14:33:00

It's because of wonderful people like you momofour26 that some child will have a better Day!! You are my Hero of the day!!! bravo

hug flower flower

pirate
Back to top Go down
momofour26

momofour26

PostSubject: Re: Chat about your day!   Chat about your day! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 21 May - 14:37:39

clap happy
Back to top Go down
bunny
Admin
bunny

PostSubject: Re: Chat about your day!   Chat about your day! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 21 May - 17:51:22

Fantastic momofour! Hows the new haircut feel? monkey
Back to top Go down
My 3 Sons
Admin
My 3 Sons

PostSubject: Re: Chat about your day!   Chat about your day! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 21 May - 18:17:41

That's awesome momofour! I hope you have a nice warm feeling inside and out!
Back to top Go down
momofour26

momofour26

PostSubject: Re: Chat about your day!   Chat about your day! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 21 May - 23:23:59

I love my hair, it is a really great cut, kind of a chunky bob. I do feel great about donating to children who are in need.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chat about your day!   Chat about your day! - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chat about your day!
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Getaway :: What did you do today?-
Jump to: