The Getaway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Getaway

Chat about anything and everything!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Travel spots we have been to

Go down 
+6
sweetbee
Colleen
nanarenee2001
momofour26
My 3 Sons
bunny
10 posters
AuthorMessage
bunny
Admin
bunny

Travel spots we have been to Empty
PostSubject: Travel spots we have been to   Travel spots we have been to Icon_minitimeThu 10 Apr - 10:24:47

Well I was a travel agent for 12 years, so I have been to a few places. A couple places are

Maui

Jamaica -2 times

A cruise to the Caribbean

Paradise Island, Nassau
Back to top Go down
My 3 Sons
Admin
My 3 Sons

PostSubject: Re: Travel spots we have been to   Travel spots we have been to Icon_minitimeThu 10 Apr - 10:55:03

The only big trip I have taken is to Florida from Illinois (when I was little) and then when I was 18 I took a trip from Florida to exotic San Francisco! :afro:
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/momredding
bunny
Admin
bunny

PostSubject: Re: Travel spots we have been to   Travel spots we have been to Icon_minitimeThu 10 Apr - 13:33:26

I have not been to San Francisco sunny
Back to top Go down
momofour26

momofour26

PostSubject: Re: Travel spots we have been to   Travel spots we have been to Icon_minitimeThu 10 Apr - 16:20:49

I have also been to Maui, I loved it. I wish I would of stayed there longer. 5 days is definetly not enough time.
I also enjoyed Las Vegas. I traveled to Augusta GA last July to visit a friend. geez was it hot.
I haven't been to very many places. It is always hard to travel when you have kids. When they get older I hope to be able to travel more!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/momofour26
bunny
Admin
bunny

PostSubject: Re: Travel spots we have been to   Travel spots we have been to Icon_minitimeThu 10 Apr - 17:04:52

All you moms out there dont get mad at me......but thats one reason why I dont have kids! We can do what we want when we want! clap he he
Back to top Go down
My 3 Sons
Admin
My 3 Sons

PostSubject: Re: Travel spots we have been to   Travel spots we have been to Icon_minitimeThu 10 Apr - 17:14:14

Hey Bunny... tapfoot

Actually my husband and I have already planned a lot of traveling when we are older and the kids are out of the house. Being a young mother, I was enjoying that it would come sooner for us than our friends... Then my husband and I decided to try one last time for a girl oops Now it will be another 14 years from now, at least!
Back to top Go down
bunny
Admin
bunny

PostSubject: Re: Travel spots we have been to   Travel spots we have been to Icon_minitimeThu 10 Apr - 17:47:42

Well as my friends tell my "because now its to late for me" I will never know the joy of being a mother like you do! And from the picture you sent I can tell you have a loving happy family! In 14years you can travel the world!!!!! cheer time
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Travel spots we have been to   Travel spots we have been to Icon_minitimeWed 16 Apr - 13:39:35

I've only been around the states so far. On the east coast from New York down and across to Ohio and Michigan. All the states below that and west to Texas. Basicly the entire lower/east side of the US. But I do plan to travel abroad when the children get older.
I've got family in England. My husband has been all over with the Navy. And I'm jealous!
He's lived in Italy. Been to Japan, Singapore, Korea, Germany, Hawaii, etc. And he's not nearly as adventurous as I am. He hates when he has to go. Frets over the length of the flights. Is always calling home crying the first night he's away. I would love every second! And one day... I'll get to do that.
My dream vacation is a week in the Maldives with those little cabanas over the water. The spa with the glass floor. Fresh seafood. Ah... heaven! cloud9
Back to top Go down
nanarenee2001

nanarenee2001

PostSubject: Re: Travel spots we have been to   Travel spots we have been to Icon_minitimeFri 18 Apr - 20:24:43

I've been up and down the east coast(NY,OH,KY,PA,WV,VA,TN,NC,SC,Delaware & Rhode Island, and Fla.). Been to Louisianna and Mississippi to help with hurricane Katrina. Been to Haiti 2X on mission trips. Kentucky on mission trip, homeless shelter in Atlanta mission trip. Fixing to go to Costa Rica on mission trip Very Happy . I go everywhere with my kids. I grew up in New York state right below Lake Erie. Been to Niagara Falls on Canadian side. I would love to go out west sometime. Always wanted to go to Aspen, Yellowstone park, and the Grand Canyon.
Back to top Go down
bunny
Admin
bunny

PostSubject: Re: Travel spots we have been to   Travel spots we have been to Icon_minitimeSat 19 Apr - 9:20:10

Awesome Nanarenee! And also! Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bounce
Back to top Go down
My 3 Sons
Admin
My 3 Sons

PostSubject: Re: Travel spots we have been to   Travel spots we have been to Icon_minitimeSat 19 Apr - 9:29:56

Welcome Nanarenee! cheers
Back to top Go down
Colleen

Colleen

PostSubject: Re: Travel spots we have been to   Travel spots we have been to Icon_minitimeSat 19 Apr - 10:29:03

Only place Ive traveled IS san fran. I spent 2 months there.And I'm hoping to talk my husband into going again to visit his dad soon.
Back to top Go down
sweetbee

sweetbee

PostSubject: Re: Travel spots we have been to   Travel spots we have been to Icon_minitimeMon 21 Apr - 2:28:06

Welcome Nanarenee flower

I've been to Oregon, Idaho(to see my Grandma), Arizona (for 20 min), New Mexico (High School Trip), Hawaii and Victoria BC.
Back to top Go down
bunny
Admin
bunny

PostSubject: Re: Travel spots we have been to   Travel spots we have been to Icon_minitimeMon 21 Apr - 8:51:34

Well it seems that the hubby and I are going to be planning a trip to Ohio in June to visit his family. Dont have the exact date yet but probably for a week. We are driving, Ugh!!!!! Not looking forward to the trip but I do have 2 dear friends that I will get to see! up
Back to top Go down
My 3 Sons
Admin
My 3 Sons

PostSubject: Re: Travel spots we have been to   Travel spots we have been to Icon_minitimeMon 21 Apr - 9:50:21

I just found out that my Mom is planning on a trip to Rockford, IL to see her parents. My Gramdma has Alzheimer's and is getting pretty bad. I think Mom should just move up there for a while and help take care of her. Mom is not married and lives paycheck to paycheck so it's not like she has much holding her back - just grandkids... pale
Back to top Go down
MechMan

MechMan

PostSubject: Re: Travel spots we have been to   Travel spots we have been to Icon_minitimeMon 21 Apr - 12:00:28

Because I've been around a while, I've traveled to many places. No doubt my wife will be planning more trips in the future, because she loves to travel. I'm really not that much into it.

I think two of the most interesting places I have ever been to, was when I was in the military. I was on R & R for a week in Bangkok Thailand. There were lots of fascinating things to see there and the people were wonderful. I was also stationed on an island named Diego Garcia. It was in the middle of the Indian Ocean, right on the equator. The average temperature there was 120 deg. The hottest day during my 9-month stay there was 134 deg.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Thomas1952
tnt

PostSubject: Re: Travel spots we have been to   Travel spots we have been to Icon_minitimeSat 26 Apr - 21:47:12

Hey bunny,glad to hear your coming home in June, looking forward to seing you and hubby to. Been to Va. West Va. Tenn. Kentucky (Born There) NC, SC. Fla, Indiana, Denver Colorado, Las Vegas Nevada. Flying out to Las Vegas May 12, Cant waite, love it there, its like Disney Land for adults.
Back to top Go down
bunny
Admin
bunny

PostSubject: Re: Travel spots we have been to   Travel spots we have been to Icon_minitimeSun 27 Apr - 8:50:59

Yes I too have been to Las Vegas, It is great!

Also been to SC. (Hilton Head) for our honeymoon!

Florida, (Disney Land)
Back to top Go down
travlfreek

PostSubject: Re: Travel spots we have been to   Travel spots we have been to Icon_minitimeTue 20 May - 22:45:12

Good Evening Everyone! Here goes and I am sure I will forget some places. I have been to Germany, France, London, Belgium, Amsterdam, Ireland, Bruge, Jamacia, Mexico, Bahamas, St. Thomas, Puerto Rico, St. Maarten, Guatamala, Haita, Barbados, Hawaii, Canada, Alaska, and all around the United States. As you can tell I love to travel!
Back to top Go down
My 3 Sons
Admin
My 3 Sons

PostSubject: Re: Travel spots we have been to   Travel spots we have been to Icon_minitimeTue 20 May - 23:01:07

travlfreek, welcome back! It's been a while - out traveling were you?
Back to top Go down
sarac

sarac

PostSubject: Re: Travel spots we have been to   Travel spots we have been to Icon_minitimeTue 20 May - 23:31:38

travlfreek thats amazing! i wish i had the opportunity to travel more often! my "travel" typically includes going a few hours away to resorts, theme parks, etc. i would love to go on a cruise of some sort or travel to europe and australia!
Back to top Go down
travlfreek

PostSubject: Re: Travel spots we have been to   Travel spots we have been to Icon_minitimeThu 22 May - 13:03:36

Thank you for the welcome back and yes we were traveling on a cruise. I love to travel and take the opportunity whenever I can!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Travel spots we have been to   Travel spots we have been to Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Travel spots we have been to
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Getaway :: Places you have traveled-
Jump to: