The Getaway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Getaway

Chat about anything and everything!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Global Warming

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bunny
Admin
bunny

Global Warming Empty
PostSubject: Global Warming   Global Warming Icon_minitimeSat 14 Jun - 13:11:07

Do you think Global Warming is fact or fiction?

In light of all the flooding in the US and elsewhere.... and also severe droughts, it seems the weather is getting more extreme and harsh every year.

Do you think man's carbon and methane output is causing this.... or is it just a weird weather cycle?
Back to top Go down
sarac

sarac

Global Warming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Global Warming   Global Warming Icon_minitimeSat 14 Jun - 13:31:50

i definitely think its real and the effects are starting to show! i live where all the flooding has been taking place and its insane to think this happened last year and this year as well....let's hope this is not a yearly thing that is going to happen! seems like in the midwest the whole year has been very wet (either rain, snow, sleet, or freezing rain) and very hot/cold...not many days where its just a nice temperature Suspect
Back to top Go down
bunny
Admin
bunny

Global Warming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Global Warming   Global Warming Icon_minitimeSat 14 Jun - 19:56:35

Exact opposite for me! We have been in severe drought for 2 years! Lake Lanier is down like 15 to 18 feet!
My parents live on the lake and have no water at all. No
Back to top Go down
sarac

sarac

Global Warming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Global Warming   Global Warming Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jun - 19:51:32

oh wow! theres plenty of lake everywhere around here and in iowa...especially where there shouldn't be water at all!
Back to top Go down
My 3 Sons
Admin
My 3 Sons

Global Warming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Global Warming   Global Warming Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jun - 9:14:43

Bunny, it's so odd that we are within 6 hours of each other and our conditions are so different! We are getting rain every day, at least once a day. Not enough that it is flooding or anything, just enough that we don't have to water anything and our lawns are beautifully green! Of course, the kids don't like it because we can't swim in the pool at the high school until 1 and that is about when the rain rolls in every day!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/momredding
bunny
Admin
bunny

Global Warming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Global Warming   Global Warming Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jun - 13:22:04

I know, driving to Ohio, of course we went through SC, NC Virginia, West Virginia, Everything so green and and lush! We havent seen that in a long time!!!!!! No
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Global Warming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Global Warming   Global Warming Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Global Warming
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Getaway :: News worthy-
Jump to: