The Getaway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Getaway

Chat about anything and everything!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Reasonable force?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bunny
Admin
bunny

Reasonable force? Empty
PostSubject: Reasonable force?   Reasonable force? Icon_minitimeFri 2 May - 19:12:52

If someone comes into your home to steal your possessions and you catch them at it, are you going to use reasonable force ? Or are you going to kick there ass?
Back to top Go down
Colleen

Colleen

Reasonable force? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reasonable force?   Reasonable force? Icon_minitimeFri 2 May - 19:43:55

I am going to shoot and ask questions later. It's a robbers duty to know the risk behind breaking into someones home and stealing something they worked hard to get.He better hope that he doesn't live through the gun shot wound, because if he does I plan on kicking his ass until the cops get there and if he dies as a resort,so be it.There was a guy here in Augusta who shot a guy running from his house and caught him in the yard and the guy died.Serves him right. And since I have 2 kids, it's going to piss me off that much more if someone breaks into my house.I might even give my 5 yr old the go ahead to give him a swift kick in the balls for good measure.I absolutely HATE and despise theifs.
Back to top Go down

Reasonable force? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reasonable force?   Reasonable force? Icon_minitimeSat 3 May - 12:26:44

Depends on the situation. I would first try to get myself and my family to safety. But if I felt like we were threatened, I wouldn't think twice about kicking ass. We, however, do not keep guns in our home so it would be with a golf club or something. My phone is beside the bed so I would first call 911, then push the alarm button on my minivan keys hoping to scare the person away.
If someone is in my house without being invited, they're free game. Do what's necessary and deal with it later. But I don't want my child to come out of his room and see mommy killing someone.
Back to top Go down
bunny
Admin
bunny

Reasonable force? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reasonable force?   Reasonable force? Icon_minitimeSat 3 May - 15:14:44

Yeah, we have no guns in the house either, but I think my husband would use blunt force! And I would be dialing 911! I would try to have him not kill also no need for us to go to jail when they are the idiots committing the crime! jail
Back to top Go down
Colleen

Colleen

Reasonable force? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reasonable force?   Reasonable force? Icon_minitimeSat 3 May - 16:17:05

You can't go to jail for killing someone who broke into your home bunny.And we have 1 gun,we had no intentions of getting a gun but a teenager came up to me and my husband when we were visiting a friend and the dumbass thought it was a BB Gun,when in fact it wasn't.So my husband bought it off of him for 20 bucks.Much better than a teenager having a gun and not even being smart enough to know what type of gun it is.As far as my son possibly seeing me shoot someone that doesn't bother me as much as it would my son seeing some guy running through our house or hurting mommy or daddy and possibly even him.If my son were to see me kill anyone he would def see me doing it to protect us.In situations like that it's kill or be killed,and I think my boys would be scarred more from me or my husband being killed more than someone whom was trying to rob or possibly kill us.I have been in some scary situations and you have about half of a second to react and to make sure it's the right decision.On top of your heart racing and a knot in your throat.So if someone breaks into my home that is a direct threat,especially because most do not break into a home without having some sort of weapon and who knows but him wether or not he plans on using it.He just better hope he can run fast or that my aim is bad that day because otherwise I'm shooting to kill,no bullets in the ass here,he'll only be leaving with a toe tag.
Back to top Go down
Dick

Dick

Reasonable force? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reasonable force?   Reasonable force? Icon_minitimeMon 5 May - 17:06:25

Um, no offense colleen, but if your husband bought a real gun while thinking it was a BB gun...maybe he shouldn't have a real gun.

As you can see, I carry a real gun.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MechMan

MechMan

Reasonable force? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reasonable force?   Reasonable force? Icon_minitimeTue 6 May - 13:48:23

In California, you can go to jail for killing someone who has broken into your house. You can only use deadly force when your life or those of others is threatened. Just fearing for your life is not always good enough.

You also can't buy firearms from anyone who isn't licensed in the state to sell them. And then, you can only buy them if you qualify after a mandatory waiting period.

It looks like the criminals have an advantage in out state.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Thomas1952

Reasonable force? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reasonable force?   Reasonable force? Icon_minitimeTue 6 May - 13:55:39

Most states have laws just like the ones you listed. The problem is that most citizens of those states don't know what they are and they assume that they're safe. Only to be jailed later... Ignorance doesn't pay! Suspect
Back to top Go down
bunny
Admin
bunny

Reasonable force? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reasonable force?   Reasonable force? Icon_minitimeTue 6 May - 14:30:57

I thought that I had heard of stories of people going to jail or even worse for killing someone for breaking into your house, but I havent had time to investigate!
Back to top Go down
Dick

Dick

Reasonable force? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reasonable force?   Reasonable force? Icon_minitimeTue 6 May - 16:44:45

As long as they are inside your house, and you can say you felt your life was threatened it's most likely going to be a no-brainer...self defense. If you shoot him outside (say in your backyard), even if it's on your property you've got a lot of splaining to do.
Back to top Go down
MechMan

MechMan

Reasonable force? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reasonable force?   Reasonable force? Icon_minitimeTue 6 May - 17:00:54

Yes, I do believe I have heard of stories where people have been prosecuted for either killing or injuring intruders in their homes. It really makes matters worse in a society where you have money-hungry weasel layers that will portray their scum-ball criminal clients as the victims.

Although, I was a trained firearms instructor in the military, and owned several firearms for years, I have mixed feeling about civilians having them. I always wonder if the rare instances where civilians successfully defend themselves with guns, outweigh the risks and tragedies regarding legal gun ownership. Even highly trained experts aren't excluded from episodes of stupidity when it comes to handling firearms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am-Qdx6vky0
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Thomas1952

Reasonable force? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reasonable force?   Reasonable force? Icon_minitimeTue 6 May - 17:16:46

One of my childhood friends lost a child about 4 years ago. Her husband had a gun and had taken it with him when he went fishing in case he ran across snakes. In that area, they're everywhere. Not that big a deal. He had it in the truck, forgot to take it out. He went and looked and it had slipped in between the middle console and the driver's seat and went to the floor and didn't see it. He thought his wife had taken it out. She went and looked before taking it out next and didn't see it and thought he took it out.
She drove her children to Sonic for lunch one day shortly after. She had a 4 year old and a 2 1/2 year old in the back. She let them out of the carseats to play and then eat and she turns around to order thier food. She hears a pop like a balloon popping. Turns around and didn't see the 2 1/2 year old. The 4 year old was holding the gun. That baby died of a gunshot to the head and his big brother now has to live with the knowledge that he killed his little brother for the rest of his life.
So many people are just careless with weapons. It is tragic and things like that happen more than you would think. The risks outweigh the benefits in my opinion. And we are a military family trained in firearms. My first job was at a shooting range. I'm no stranger to guns, but I know how they need to be treated. Even the little BB and pellet guns can be deadly.
Back to top Go down
bunny
Admin
bunny

Reasonable force? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reasonable force?   Reasonable force? Icon_minitimeTue 6 May - 18:20:24

My very close friend in high school took a gun to school???? Was showing it to his friend his friend had it in his hand and it went off and shot our friend in the head. He died instantly. I personally hate guns. But of course understand the need in certain areas.
Back to top Go down
Colleen

Colleen

Reasonable force? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reasonable force?   Reasonable force? Icon_minitimeWed 7 May - 10:35:12

Um..Dick.No Offense.But I never said that my husband bought the gun thinking it was a BB gun. The CHILD my husband bought the gun from thought it was a BB gun.Which is why my husband bought it off of him.......keep your safety on your gun dick.
Back to top Go down
Colleen

Colleen

Reasonable force? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reasonable force?   Reasonable force? Icon_minitimeWed 7 May - 10:40:35

As far a killing someone.The law here in georgia and sc is that you have the right to protect your home and property and there has already been one guy some yrs ago who shot a man running from his home,he managed to kill him in the front yard.And he wasn't charged at all.I wouldn't hesitate about killing some guy who was in my home.And if he's running from my home and Im chasing him,I also plan on shooting at him until both feet are out of my yard.Burglery is a dangerous job.....I figure if he thought stealing a tv or jewlery is worth possibly getting shot then he should go in prepared for the worst.I'd hate to live in a country where the criminals get more rights then those who obey the law.Thank god I live in a state that allows me to shoot the shit out of a low life who makes his living from taking from other people rather than getting his ass a job.He's barely worth my bullet.
Back to top Go down
Dick

Dick

Reasonable force? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reasonable force?   Reasonable force? Icon_minitimeWed 7 May - 13:36:58

I hope your husband registered the gun....unless it's stolen - then he should turn it in. I agree, Colleen, that you have every right to kill someone trespassing in your home. We gotta get the population down, might as well start with the criminals.
Here in CA, though, you have to kill 'em inside your home.....I hear in Texas you can just use the "He needed killin'" defense most of the time.
Back to top Go down
Colleen

Colleen

Reasonable force? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reasonable force?   Reasonable force? Icon_minitimeWed 7 May - 18:50:13

I think we would have alot less crime if the criminals have alot less rights.And no we didn't register the gun.We haven't even bought bullets for it.But we weren't the only ones there when the kid come up with the gun so if it became ness. we would have no problem proving how we came upon the gun.The gun has been put up since the day we got it.And this is not the first gun we've owned.Guns don't kill people,People kill people,ahahahaha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Reasonable force? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reasonable force?   Reasonable force? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reasonable force?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Getaway :: News worthy-
Jump to: